NOWRA TRAILER HIRE
1. Protecting your Privacy
The Australian rental system operated as Nowra Trailer Hire is owned by Excel Equip Pty Ltd, an Australian Company.
In Australia, Nowra Trailer Hire is the trading name of Excel Equip Pty Ltd ABN 88 075 384 495
This document provides you with information on how we collect, use, store and disclose your personal information. If you want more information, please use the contract details set out in section 14 of this document.
In this policy:
Personal Information has the meaning given under the Privacy Act.
Privacy Act means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Related Entities has the same meaning as under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and includes our franchisees.
Sensitive Information has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act.
Services means the offers and services provided by us, including vehicle hire services and the Nowra Trailer Hire Privilege Loyalty Programs.
Website means www.nowratrailerhire.com.au and other websites and forms of social media where you post comments or we interact with you.
The meaning of any general language is not restricted by any accompanying example and the words 'includes', 'including', 'such as', 'for example' or similar words are not words of limitation.
3. What Personal Information do we collect and why do we need it?
To provide you with our Services, we need to collect Personal Information. If we do not collect the Personal Information or if any of the Personal Information you provide is incomplete or inaccurate, we may not be able to provide the Services or those Services may be compromised.
Depending on the nature of the Services we provide to you, the personal information we collect may include:
- your name, email address, telephone numbers and address;
- date of birth;
- Sensitive Information, for example, if you advise us of any disability;
- credit card details and expiry dates;
- drivers licence number and state of origin;
- frequent traveller program number;
-information on a professional group to which you belong (e.g. you may disclose that to obtain a discount available to members of that group);
- vehicle preference;
- company name and employee number; and
- contact details of individuals who can provide professional references and other information required in the Cash Qualification process;
- reservations and rental details including dates, times and places of vehicle hire;
- vehicle damage circumstances and details; and
- any other Personal Information relevant to the Services we provide to you.
4. How do we collect the Personal Information?
We aim to collect Personal Information directly from you. We may also collect Personal Information:
- when you complete a form, make inquiries or apply to rent a vehicle from or through us;
- from other members of the Nowra Trailer Hire Group;
- from your company or organisation when you use our services under a corporate account or other arrangement;
- from our program partners if you are a member of a frequent traveller or other program and rent or make inquiries of renting a vehicle through them;
- from our contracted service providers;
- from credit reporting and fraud checking agencies;
- from debt collection agencies if you default in a payment to us;
- through our website and by other electronic communication channels (e.g. when you send us an email or post an entry on our Facebook page or other social media sites);
- from third parties;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- when we are required to do so by law;
- when you log onto or connect to our Website and our server automatically records information your browser sends (e.g. your IP address, how and when you travel through our Website, the pages and documents accessed information about your usage (e.g. by way of cookies) and other information provided by downloading information from our website). However, unless your name is part of your email address or you specifically provide it, our server does not automatically collect this information;
- when you enter a competition or promotion with us, participate in a survey or register to receive information from us or register to receive information on any of our Services.
If at any time you supply Personal Information to us about any other person (e.g. another member of your household or you post a photo on our Facebook page), you represent and we accept that information on the basis that you are authorised to do so and that the relevant person has consented to the disclosure to us.
5. CCTV and other imaging
We may film vehicles as they exit and re-enter a Rental Station for security purposes and to confirm the condition of the vehicle and to identify any damage which may have occurred during the rental period. Any film taken of the vehicle may include images of the occupants of the vehicle. The film will be used for the purpose of identifying damage, recovering payment for any damage and any other purpose authorised under the Privacy Act.
For security purposes we have CCTV cameras in some of our locations and your image may be recorded.
We use the Personal Information we collect for operational purposes and to:
- provide our Services;
- comply with our contractual and other legal obligations;
- respond to medical emergencies;
- process your inquiries and improve our Services;
- advise you of additional services or information which may be of interest to you;
- develop our products and services.
We may use and disclose your personal information to provide you with information on offers, products and services offered by the Nowra Trailer Hire, its Related Entities, franchisees and licensees. We may also provide you with information on other products and services offered by Nowra Trailer Hire, its partners or affiliates.
We do not use Sensitive Information for marketing purposes.
If at any time you no longer wish to receive any additional marketing material from us or do not want your information disclosed for direct marketing purposes, contact our Privacy Officer and we will remove your details from our marketing database.
8. Disclosing personal information
We may be required to disclose your Personal Information by law, by court order or to investigate suspected fraud or other unlawful activity.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties in certain circumstances including:
- if you agree to the disclosure;
- when we use it for the purpose for which it was collected, e.g. to provide you with Services;
- in circumstances where you would reasonably be expected to consent to information of that kind being passed to a third party;
- where disclosure is required or permitted by law;
- where it is required to be disclosed for audit purposes;
- to our Related Entities;
- if disclosure will prevent or lessen a serious or imminent threat to someone's life or health; or
- where it is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law, a law imposing a pecuniary penalty or for the protection of public revenue.
9. Disclosure of personal information off-shore
(a)Because the Nowra Trailer Hire operates internationally, your personal information will be accessible by Nowra Trailer Hire, Nowra Trailer Hire staff, franchisees and licensees in countries other than Australia. This may include Sensitive Information.
(b)If you access another Nowra Trailer Hire website or a partner or service website (e.g. hotel bookings, airline) from our Website, you are transferring to another country and to a website over which we have no control and take no responsibility. If you provide personal information using another Nowra Trailer Hire website or a service website, you do so such to the privacy laws (if any) in that jurisdiction.
(c)The overseas recipient may not be subject to any privacy obligations or to any principles similar to the Australian Privacy Principles. The overseas recipient may also be subject to a foreign law which could compel disclosure of personal information to a third party, for example, an overseas authority.
(d)If you consent to the disclosure and the overseas recipient handles the information in breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act, may not be able to seek redress in the overseas jurisdiction and we will not be accountable under the Privacy Act.
(e)By providing us with personal information, you consent to us using and disclosing your personal information off-shore. If at any time you wish to withdraw your consent, contact our Privacy Officer. However, we may not be able to provide the Services you have requested in whole or in part or those Services may be compromised.
10. Considerations when you send information to us
While we do all we reasonably can to protect your Personal Information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including investing in security software, no data transfer over the Internet is 100% secure.
If you access a partner or service website (e.g. hotel, airline) from our website, you do so and provide personal information in accordance with the terms and conditions under which the provider of that website operates.
The open nature of the Internet is such that information exchanged via the Internet may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. If you send us any information, including (without limitation) Personal Information, it is sent at your own risk.
While we are not in a position to give you advice on Internet security, if you provide Personal Information to us electronically, there are some things you can do which may help maintain the privacy of your information, including:
- ALWAYS closing your browser when you have finished your session;
- NEVER providing Personal Information when using a public computer; and
- NEVER disclosing your user name and password to another person.
You are responsible for all actions taken using your username, email or password. If at any time you believe your username or password has been compromised, you should immediately contact us and also change your password.
You should also contact us immediately if you believe:
- someone has gained access to your Personal Information;
- we have breached our privacy obligations or your privacy rights in any way; or
11. How your information is stored
Personal information retention is required by Australian Commonwealth Law(s) and New South Wales State Law(s) upto a maximum 12 year Statute of Limitation(s).
We endeavour to keep our information systems and files secured from unauthorised access. Those who work with us are aware of the importance we place on protecting your privacy and their role in helping us to do so.
Our procedures to securely store Personal Information include electronic and physical security measures, staff training and use of password protection software.
When the Personal Information that we collect is no longer required, we will remove or de-identify the Personal Information as soon as reasonably possible. We may, however, retain Personal Information for as long as is necessary to comply with any applicable law, for the prevention of fraud, for insurance and governance purposes, in our IT back-up, for the collection of any monies owed and to resolve disputes.
12. How you can update, correct, or delete your Personal Information
You may request access to your Personal Information or correct any inaccurate or out of date information by clicking here or contacting our Privacy Officer using the details below. For security purposes, before we provide you with personal information, we will ask you to provide evidence of your identity.
You may request the source of any information we collect from a third party. We will provide this at no cost, unless under the Privacy Act or other law there is a reason for this information being withheld.
If there is a reason under the Privacy Act or other law for us not to provide you with information, we will give you a written notice of refusal setting out the reasons for the refusal except to the extent it would be unreasonable to do so and the mechanisms available to you to complain about the refusal.
14. Contact details
Attention: The Privacy Officer
Mail: Nowra Trailer Hire
106 The Links Road
Nowra, NSW, 2541 AUSTRALIA
More information about your rights and our obligations in respect to privacy and information on making a privacy complaint are available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at:
Post: GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001